What to expect?
Immediately following the peel:
- Skin may be tight and more red/pink than usual.
- Skin may feel a bit tacky and have a yellowish or orange tinge due to the retinol; this is temporary and will fade within a few hours.
- Wait until bedtime to wash your face.
24 hours after the peel & until the peeling is complete:
- Your skin may feel tighter until it starts to peel
- Peeling generally starts 48 to 72 hours after the procedure and can last 2-5 days
- DO NOT PICK OR PULL SKIN. Allow your skin to peel at it’s own pace (premature peeling can result in dry, cracked, raw skin that can become hyperpigmented after an infection)
- Individual results may vary
What to Avoid?
- Any strenuous exercising the day of your procedure and until your skin stops peeling.
- Direct sunlight for at least 1 week—Use sunscreen recommended by your provider for or at least SPF 30.
- Use the following products/procedures until your skin stops peeling completely:
- Tretinoin, retinoids, alpha-hydroxy acid ( AHA) products, and bleaching creams
- Facials, injections, facial hair removal, injectable fillers, microdermabrasion, and laser treatments ( including laser hair removal.
Easy Post-Peel Care for Optimal Results?
- Ask your skincare professional how to compliment your SkinMedica Peel with an at-home skincare regimen
- Use a comprehensive treatment plan in between peels or following any in-office procedures.
- Schedule a Rejuvenize Peel treatment every 4-6 weeks until desired results are achieved.